As we wind down the year, I wanted to take the chance to look back on all the things the Signal team accomplished in 2012:
- Released a new knowledge base (support.signalhq.com) that’s full of helpful tips, best practices and product how-to guides
- Made email campaigns a robust part of the Signal product – we released many template management updates, including a new template editor, template picker, reusable content modules and a ton of new templates for you to use out of the box or as building blocks for your own templates
- Introduced location management and location based messaging for businesses that have multiple locations (retailers, restaurants, convenience stores, etc)
- Introduced a new Signal dashboard to give you quick access to your activities and how they’re performing
- Streamlined setup and configuration of lists and promotions
- Launched short URL, QR code and landing page analytics
- Launched a weekly email notification to give you a recap of how well your marketing efforts are doing, and how your brand voice is growing
- Redesigned social publishing to give you the ability to preview content before its posted (as close to the native experience as possible) and post to multiple networks at the same time
- Introduced team member profiles and content attribution
We also made it on the Inc 500/5000 list for the second year in a row, moved our office to 1871 in the Merchandise Mart, saw two of our team members get married, and two team members welcome a third child into their families. Not a bad year!
So what’s ahead in 2013? Here’s a look at a few big ticket items:
- Introduce contact engagement timeline – we’ve been working on this new feature behind the scenes since September and it is fantastic. We’ll start rolling this out in the next two weeks
- Centralize reporting and standardize the reporting user experience – searching, sorting, filtering and drilling down on data will all behave the same way. You’ll quickly start seeing changes here in 2013
- Redesign landing page templates, plus landing page creation and editing. We have a lot of great foundation here, and we want to make building landing pages dead simple
- Redesign coupon authoring, publishing and tracking
- Introduce all new social monitoring tools and proactive notifications
It’s going to a big year for Signal as we see our dream of a beautiful, easy-to-use, integrated marketing platform fully come to fruition.
If you have a minute, we’d appreciate it if you could answer a short three question survey to help us gauge how we’re doing:
We hope you had a wonderful year and wish you all the best in 2013!